2014 Wardrobe Staples
Last year, my style resolution was to buy more basics (clothing wise) and splurge on things I could wear often. I bought 3 pairs of boyfriend jeans, a houndstooth blazer (after finally tracking down the right one), a black silk dress, black tote, and oxfords towards the end of the year, when I realized tutu skirts and colorful shoes wouldn't always work. This year, I hope to continue that resolution by investing in a few more basics... 1. Alexander Wang Blazer: I've been coveting this blazer ever since it hit the Outnet site. This color is unique, but would totally work with navy or black.
2. Stella McCartney Bra: Personally, I need to stop buying bras in bright colors and invest in more basic colors.
3. Tortoise Sunglasses: I have zero need for these glasses as I already have several pairs of tortoise shades, but the silver lenses are so different and would look great with grey.
4. T by Alexander Wang Black shirt: I bought this top last week, as I realized my black target t-shirts were falling apart and investing in a more high quality piece would make more sense. I already have several outfits planned around it.
5. Topshop jeans: I can never have enough boyfriend jeans, as they seem to be an everyday occurence in my wardrobe these days. This topshop pair has holes in all the right places.
6. Alexander Wang Heels: I bought these towards the end of last year, and the green has worked surprisingly well with my wardrobe. I love wearing a black and white outfit and putting these on. They also look great with jeans and an oversized sweater.
7. Croc Embossed Clutch: I used to never buy clutches, but after buying several last year I can honestly say they really work more often than you'd think. It's not a new trick, but I put them in my big bag during the day to keep it more organized and then take them out at night for dinner and errand runs.
8. Love Marc Lip Gel: I am a totaly convert to Marc Jacobs' beauty line and can never have too many red lipsticks. The special edition case is a plus, too.