1. Stella McCartney Platform Oxfords: Okay, so while these aren't exactly in the affordable/realistic realm of things this season, there is no reason we can't be inspired by Stella's offerings for Fall. I purchased these Zara platforms and I couldn't be more excited. 2. MSGM Backpack: To me, October means I am officially in back to school mode. SCAD starts later than most schools, which means it's hard to be motivated to make Fall purchases until the season is officially here. I am hoping to get into the season by purchasing a new backpack (now that they are trendy again) to hold my laptop and notebooks.
3. New Lena Dunham book: I couldn't be more excited for the release of this book. I pre-ordered it as soon as I heard about it and can't wait for it to be delivered (hopefully today). For a preview of her advice, check out her latest video series here.
4. Vogue & Metropolitan Museum Book: Yes, another book on the list. I actually did not pre-order this one as my coffee table book collection is a little out of control, but I ended up not being able to resist as I am curious to learn about the Met Gala and see even more pictures of the gorgeous clothes worn by the fabulous people who attend.
5. Street Style Scenes: While I am not going to copy this girl's look as far as footwear is concerned (note the mismatched pair), but I may use this as inspiration for layering black and white pieces in a new way. I will always love tulle, and I love how she paired her skirt (or is that shorts underneath?) with a boxy white top. The second look is an example of how monochromatic outfits don't have to be boring (or all black). I love the idea of pairing a huge scarf with a turtleneck dress in similar colors.
6. Edgy Piercings: This Refinery29 slideshow completely changed how I view wearing earrings. I love the thought of wearing a mismatched pair, but I also like how Nicole Richie (top left) wore the same earring in each of her piercings. I recently purchased this set of studs and can't wait to mix and match. [show_shopthepost_widget id="300604"]