Oscars 2014: Best Dressed
If any of you watched the Oscars last night, you know it was an amazing show. Ellen was an awesome host, and if you haven't seen her selfie on Twitter, then you're really missing out. Here are my favorite dresses of the night (oh, and Pharrell and his wife deserve an honorable mention for taking such fashion risks). 1. Lupita in custom Prada: By far my favorite dress of the night, the color and cut were so flattering on Lupita. She looked so graceful in this dress (and I loved the small embellishments on the hem), and her acceptance speech was beautiful.
2. Emma Watson in Vera Wang: I loved this look. It was so different, and perfectly casual for a presenter. I'll definitely be thinking about wearing my knit tops with maxi skirts for Spring now.
3. Kate Hudson in Versace: The back of this dress was showstopping, and the deep V was just enough. Her hair and accessories were perfectly coordinated, making this look an instant classic.
4. Anne Hathaway in Gucci: Say what you want about Anne, but this Gucci dress was a perfectly unique take on black. The crystal embellishment was beautiful, and I loved that the rest of the look was kept simple.
5. Camila Alves in Gabriela Cadena: I've been strangely drawn to pastels lately, and this pale pink dress was no exception. It looked absolutely gorgeous on her, and I loved the elegant draping.
6. Naomi Watts in Calvin Klein Collection: I loved the short sleeves on this dress- if it had been strapless it woud have been completely expected, but I loved that the sleeves gave it a slightly more casual vibe.
7. Charlize Theron in Christian Dior: So much more exciting than Jennifer Lawrence's red peplum dress, the neckline and nude straps were so different, and the hemline was very figure flattering. I think this was my favorite complete look, because the hair was kept simple and she let the dress speak for itself.