Summer Beauty Buys
To me, one of the best parts of welcoming a new season is cleaning out and refreshing my wardrobe and make-up collection. Spring cleaning isn't fun, but researching and buying new products will never get old (at least to me). Here are some of the products I've had success with recently:
- Tarte inner rim liner- I first read about this product on Emily Schuman's site, and was intrigued by her success with it. I have been using it in the morning before applying the rest of my eye make-up and it definitely helps you look more awake.
- Juno Face Oil- I've been using this product for the last 3 months, and I can tell a significant difference when I forget to apply it before bed. I'll probably cut back on my use this summer as my skin rarely dries out this time of the year but it's also great if you fly frequently.
- Bumble & Bumble hair powder- This stuff has been on my shelf for years, and I will never tire of it. I like it much more than actual dry shampoo and I apply it to my roots 1-2 times a week.
- Benefit Shy Beam Highlighter- If you're like me and prefer avoiding shimmer on a daily basis, then this highlighter is a great solution. It has no sparkle but gives skin the perfect sheen on top of tinted moisturizer.
- Marc Jacobs Illuminator- I'm not big on "going out" make-up looks, because I hate coming home and having something on my face that doesn't come off easily. This illuminator has just the right amount of sparkle and is basically my nighttime version of the highlighter mentioned above.
- Becca Blush- I wasn't so sure of this product at first, but I'm glad I gave it a try. Having a pale skin tone rarely means buying super bright blush is a good idea, but somehow one swipe of the coral shade gives me all the color I need without making me look too flushed.
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer- About a year ago I was told by a lady at the Neiman's make up counter that the foundation I was using was way too heavy for someone my age. I was so surprised but quickly switched to using this product, and I love how it provides the perfect amount of a sheer tint, and has SPF 30.